According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), falls in general account for 8 million emergency visits every year in the United States. Slip and falls make up a million of those visits. More people lose time from work due to a slip and fall accident than for any other injury related situation. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), nearly 28,000 people die in one year just from falling.
Some of the most common causes of falls include:
- Slipping on liquids spilled on the floor.
- Tripping over debris on the sidewalk, often from overgrowth of vegetation.
- Slipping and falling off of ladders.
- Tripping and falling down steps.
- Tripping over uneven sidewalks.
- Tripping over clutter or electrical cords in the aisle of a retail store.
If you or someone you love was injured in a slip, trip or fall accident, you need the services of a Milwaukee slip / trip and fall attorney who will fight for your right to compensation.
The Witte Law Offices
A large percentage of slip/trip and fall injuries are due to the negligence of another. A dangerous condition may have existed on the property or in the store that the owner should have been aware of and should have remedied.
At the Witte Law Offices, we take each case seriously. We will review all the facts of your situation and help you decide how to proceed. We focus on your legal issues so you can focus on getting better and healing from your injuries. We have years of experience in representing clients who have suffered slip/trip and fall injuries and will fight on your behalf.
We act only with your best interest in mind. If that means negotiating a settlement, we are good negotiators. If it means taking your case to trial, we will vigorously represent you to see that you receive all the compensation to which you are legally entitled. Some of the damages you may be able to collect include, but are not limited to:
- Current medical expenses.
- Medical expenses you are expected to incur in the future.
- Current lost wages.
- Wages you are expect to lose in the future due to your injuries. This includes time you may need to take off work for medical appointments and rehabilitation.
- Current rehabilitation costs, including job retraining if you are unable to return to your former employment.
- Compensation for your pain and suffering.
Call us today for a free consultation.